More dialogue, less risk behaviours!
To address underage drinking through education activities.
To raise educate parents, teachers, educators, and other professionals who are in daily contact with young people on how to help pre-teens and teens develop a healthy life style.
Since parents and professionals have a significant influence on adolescents, it is important that they are inspired to share their experience and to provide meaningful (and supportive) advice. Otherwise, teenagers might lack an adult perspective in risky situations such as understanding the effects of alcohol on the brain and body, trying alcohol, and grasping the short-term and long-term consequences.
With this in mind, Familylab provides 2-hour long lectures for parents and school professionals. The adults are taught about teen issues and how to approach them. They also learn about how to relate to and approach situations over which adults have no direct insight or control.
Familylab (carries out the programme)
NGOs and other organisations.
From June 2019 to March 2020:
- The first lecture was held in June 2019 had 18 participants.
Until the end of March 2020 it is expected that:
- 250 direct participants will be reached.
- 15 lectures will be held in 8 different cities (Novalja/Pula, Zadar, Sibenik/Knin, Split, Makarska, Varazdin, Vinkovci and Zagreb.
- 5-10 partner organisations will take part.
Measurement & evaluation
The programme will be evaluated by:
- Familylab professionals: Share feedback for the improvement of lectures.
- Participants: After the lectures participants are invited to anonymously answer the questions. In addition, at the end of the lectures lecturers receive oral feedback by chatting with participants.