To raise awareness of responsible consumption and to change drinking habits for the better.
To promote responsible drinking and find innovative ways to challenge the national drinking culture to help reduce alcohol misuse and minimise alcohol-related harm.
The website was launched in June 2010. In order to provide credible and accurate information, page content was developed in collaboration with experts on drug consumption, using different sources of information, including data from the Fellowship of Latvian Alcoholics Anonymous. In 2019, the website was updated. The WHO AUDIT test and campaign materials were added and the question/answers section was updated. The website contains the following sections:
- You and alcohol: Advice for different groups such as young people and pregnant women.
- Reading material: Information about when not to drink alcohol at all, alcohol units, calories, how alcohol affects the body, myths and infographics. It also contains two tests, one where visitors can see how much they really know about alcohol and if they hold any misperceptions and one where Visitors can take the World Health Organization’s AUDIT Test (Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test) which identifies alcohol use disorders.
- Questions/Answers: Visitors can ask a question about alcohol which is then posted on the website along with the reply from Lilita Petermana a narcologist.
- Support: Tips on how to drink responsibly and what to do if you have a drinking problem.
- About us: Information on LANA and the campaigns.
- News: A news section.
The website and its message is regularly promoted and campaigns aim to drive traffic to it. In addition, in 2020, a detailed summary of its CSR activities from 2017 to date which was sent along with a letter from LANA Managing director Davis Vitols to Latvian members of parliament.
Lilita Petermana: Head of the narcological service in Ģintermuiža; doctor, narcologist, addiction specialist, psychodrama therapist.
2010: Latvian Doctor's Association
In 2010, the website had around 10,000 visitors. It receives 3-5 questions related to binge drinking and how to help family members deal with drinking problems weekly.
In 2019, the responsible drinking website had around 10,000 visitors. The website had a 28% increase in traffic during the summer 2017 campaign. There were 335 new users and a total of 1,000 users visited the website in 2017. More than 1,700 facebook users indicated that they liked the experiment video and there has been more than 370 tweets on twitter about it (until the end of December 2010).