2017 > Ongoing
To help students make informed and positive choices about drinking.
Pan-EU campaign tools conveys the “Don’t Lose it in Public, Drink responsibly. Stay yourself” message to aware public from harmful effects of irresponsible drinking and its bad consequences.
It puts the spotlight on responsible drinking to equip university students with the information they need to make informed and positive choices about drinking, or not drinking. The fun, animated series has a light-hearted and humorous tone, designed to help students make more informed choices about drinking. Key tips to ‘stay yourself’ when enjoying alcohol in moderation, include always eating before a night out, spacing alcoholic drinks with water or soft drinks and looking out for friends to make sure they get home safely.
It is aimed at on campus students and has four sections:
- Animated series (three fun videos show possible consequences of drinking too much),
- Tips (such as eating, drinking water and taking a taxi home),
- Gallery to provide some inspiration for consumers to create their own campaign (from t-shirts to a food pong game),
- Downloads (a variety of assets - coasters, t-shirts, postcards, posters, tent cards and games) so that students can run their own campaign on campus. Included are the artwork files so that it can be personalised. All files can be used free of charge.
Student associations and universities across Europe
The programme has reached (until March 2019):
- 194,400 people in Belgium
- 5,099 people in Germany
- 2,494 people in Northern ireland
- 4,000,000 people in Poland
The goal was to reach five million students across thirteen countries by the end of 2018.