To raise consumer knowledge and awareness of the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages.
The consumer information website was launched on November 20 at the Sofia Sheraton Hotel. In 2014 a complete revamp began and the updated site went live again in February 2015. It contains a number of different targeted sections which include:
- "Alcohol and Us", which provides general information about alcohol as well information such as guidelines for responsible drinking;
- "Alcohol and Age", provides information such as the effect alcohol has on the body;
- "Alcohol and Retail", including Bulgarian Charter for Responsible Sale and Consumption of Alcohol, Evaluation of WE DO NOT SELL ALCOHOL TO MINORS programme; partnership retail outlets, which have signed the Charter and promote our program; links to media coverage
- "For Parents and Teenagers", which includes useful information about teenagers and advices for their parents.
- "Drive Responsibly" with advices about safe driving and alternatives to go home after drinking alcohol in town
- "Myths about Alcohol"
- "Useful Advices" from all kind
- "Useful Links"
The website is advertised at all industry events including all CSR events.
The launch was covered by 20 online news websites, 5 newspapers, 3 TV stations and 2 national radio stations. In 2013 (Jan-Dec) the website recorded over 18,400 unique visitors (up from around 4,000 in 2011). The website had a total of 6,800 unique visits and 70,000 page clicks in 2015. 35% of the visitors were aged 16-19. In 2016, there were 8,828 unique visitors to the site (November 2016).
In 2017, the website had 113,696 unique visitors (November 2017).
Measurement & evaluation
IARD sent recommendations for update in September 2015, which were taken into consideration.
Bulgarian Ministry of Health was approached for comments and recommendations in November 2015.
Bulgarian regional health inspectorates on behalf of the Bulgarian Ministry of health approve of and appreciate konsumirai-otgovorno.bg site. After discussion, they have become involved with spiritsBulgaria's prevention and responsible drinking campaigns.