Pour smart! Fill up your summer!
To help (young) adults become more responsible drinkers and to create a culture of moderate alcohol consumption.
To improve drinking culture and habits with focus on irresponsible drinking and over-consumption.
To educate the adult population on how to drink alcoholic beverages responsibly by using social platforms and the Italmertek.hu website.
The world has faced numerous challenges in recent years, including the pandemic, the ongoing Ukrainian war, and the economic crisis, which have collectively resulted in increased levels of stress, anxiety, and depression. This has led to higher alcohol consumption as people seek to cope with these challenges. In the current economic situation, people are also more likely to attend smaller, more intimate gatherings and house parties rather than larger festivals. While these events can be a source of enjoyment and relaxation, it is vital to raise awareness about mindful alcohol consumption and to emphasise the fact that one can have fun and enjoy oneself without relying on excessive alcohol intake.
Therefore, continuing from the 2021 and 2022 summer campaigns, the 2023 campaign remained dedicated to promoting responsible drinking during the summer period. It built on the previous efforts to promote responsible alcohol consumption and maintain the positive trend of moderate drinking. Instead of targeting big festivals, it focused on smaller, more intimate gatherings, and promoting responsible drinking in all aspects of life. The goal was to create a lasting change in the mindset and attitudes of young adults and the wider public towards alcohol consumption, and to foster a positive social discussion on the topic.
The target audience of young adults aged 18-29 like to drink alcoholic drinks, especially during the summer party period. Due to the current economic crisis, they tend to choose cheaper options whilst gathering. The secondary audience of 30+ adults, are more open for quality choices whilst gathering and who may educate their own social circle about responsible drinking. The audience was reached through a multi-pronged approach that includes social media posts, influencer partnerships, a unique Spotify playlist, advertisement campaign and an innovative online “responsible drinking game” that encourages moderate drinking. To achieve this, the combined power of the Italmertek.hu website and its associated Facebook and Instagram platforms were harnessed as the key conduits for the campaign.
- FILL UP SUMMER 2023 WITH QUALITY MOMENTS. After this very difficult period, everybody needs enjoyment and escape to summer paradise.
- LET’S NOT WASTE THE MONTHS OF FREEDOM, FILL UP YOUR SUMMER WITH QUALITY EXPERIENCES.
- MAKE SURE THAT YOU FILL UP GATHERINGS DURING THE SUMMER OF 2023 WITH QUALITY MOMENTS!
- Start a trend: #(D)ÖNTSFELELŐSEN (#POURSMART). Moderate drinking is cool, over-consumption and low -quality drinking choices are lame. The hope was to start the “Pour smart! Fill up your summer!” trend by providing people with credible information promoting responsible drinking habits.
Components of the campaign
- Social Media Educational Posts: Informative content about moderate alcohol consumption and conscious decision-making was posted on Italmérték Facebook and Instagram.
- Social Media Challenge: Users were encouraged to show their engagement with the responsible drinking game, by leaving comments promoting the game on two campaign posts, for a chance to win event vouchers.
- Influencer Collaboration: Partnership with Odett Kármán to endorse the challenge and the responsible drinking initiative, enhancing campaign reach and credibility.
- Spotify Ad: A captivating 30-day Spotify ad campaign, meticulously crafted to resonate with those eagerly gearing up for unforgettable summer gatherings. The aim was to seamlessly blend the spirit of quality summertime fun with essential responsible drinking messages that not only entertain but educate.
- Online Game: The engaging new online responsible game combines fun and education. Accessible on Italmertek.hu, social media channels and Odett Kármán spread the message.
- 2 press releases (one opening and one closing) and media interviews.
The campaign generated excellent results and helped reach and educate the target audience with the messages around responsible and conscious alcohol consumption.
- 10 Instagram and 10 posts on facebook reached more than 258,000 people and had more than 284,400 impressions across social media platforms.
- More than 100 people participated actively in the challanges. Prizes were given to 2 x 10 winners.
- 3 posts via the Influencer Odett Kármán reached more than 160,000 people.
- The Spotify campaign reached more than 161,000 uniqe users.
- The campaign and its messages were visible through 26 different mediums, including radios, generating a total reach of more than 1.7 million.