< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Parental meetings: SMALL TALKS ON BIG THEMES”
• “Родителски срещи: МАЛКИ РАЗГОВОРИ НА ГОЛЕМИ ТЕМИ”
• “Родителски срещи: МАЛКИ РАЗГОВОРИ НА ГОЛЕМИ ТЕМИ”
TIMING 2012 > Ongoing
- Regional health inspections are recognizing program effectiveness (2016/2017)
- Parents' Association (2016/2017)
- Bulgarian Ministry of Education (2014/2017)
- Regional Education Inspectorates (2014/2017)
- State Agency for Child Protection (2014/2017)
- National Children Network (2014/2017)
- To prevent underage drinking through conversation with parents of students in an informal environment.
- To include social networks in dialogue with parents.
- To include school psychologists as the main pillars for transferring the program from school year to school year.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- The program is designed to prevent the underage drinking through conversation in an informal environment among psychologists, parents and teachers of children (9-12 years old). Meetings are kept informal so the atmosphere is conducive for full participation of parents. It gives answers to questions like “how and when to talk about alcohol?”, “how to start the theme of responsible consumption with our children, without falling into extremes and negation?” and other.
- Meetings are mediated by the program "angels" who are Yana Alexieva (psychologist), Emil Jassim (teacher), Dragomir Simeonov (journalsist). An internet platform was launched in 2014. predi18.org contains useful information for parents and shares their opinions.
- The name of the programs was changed to Parental Meetings: SMALL TALKS ON BIG THEMES due to the many different "Schools for parents" in the Bulgarian environment.
- The program is expanding both vertically (new fourth grades in current school-partners) and horizontally (new schools, new cities).
- A Facebook page was launched in September 2016: https://www.facebook.com/roditelski.sreshti/ to continue the dialogue with parents after the meetings.
- The campaign was opened by a media event (October 4, 2016) in Sofia, dedicated to both Parental Meetings: SMALL TALKS ON BIG THEMES and WE DO NOT SELL ALCOHOL TO MINORS. Training seminars for teachers in each city are preceded by a regional media interviews.
IMPACT2016/2017 (October to May):
- Planned 25 meetings in 6 cities (Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, Bourgas, Vratza and V. Tarnovo). 6 parental meetings already took place in Sofia (December 2016). The average expected number of attendees is between 15 and 18 per meeting. The expected total direct contacts is above 400 and the expected total reach of the target audience is for 800-1,000 people.
- 5 training sessions for teachers (Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, Bourgas, and V. Tarnovo) are planned. 2 training sessions took place in Sofia on October 30 and in Plovdiv on December 14, 2016; 4 are pending between January and March in other cities. Between 20 and 30 attendees are coming per session. The expected total reach of direct contacts is around 170-180.
- 1 unattached parental meeting is expected to be carried out in the spring of 2017.
- 1 training seminar for psychologists done (14 people present).
- Planned Facebook page likes of 7-9,000.
- Planned organic visitors to predi18.org above 7,000.
- Media coverage is expected to reach levels from 2015/2016.
- 800 new handbooks, 300 certificates, 100 posters, 800 invitations and 1,000 stickers, 500 brochures for parents, 300 brochures for teachers/psychologists, 100 posters support the campaign.
- 25 parental meetings in Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, Bourgas and Vratsa. Total number of direct contacts was 358. Considering the fact that the information is shared within the family/friends, number of adults who have been informed about the meeting/its topics may multiply to 800-900 people.
- 5 training seminars for teachers with 172 teachers present in total. Considering the fact that each school has about 12 to 16 primary teachers, the information was circulated to 300 to 400 of them.
- 500 new handbooks for parents and teachers as well as 300 certificates and 1,000 stickers were distributed to target group.
- 6,006 unique visits to http://predi18.org/ for Sept 2015 - May 2016.
- 102 publications in national and local media (covering the press-releases submission and media interviews before each training seminar for teachers in the different cities).
- 2014/2015 (from September to May): 8 meetings with 8 different schools in Sofia. 13 classes (3rd and 4th grade) participated and over 200 parents were involved. 500 handbooks for teachers and parents were distributed. Launch of predi18.org. The website had over 1,000 unique views. Over 22 publications/interviews in print and online media, radio and television. Attendees to the events were 22 teachers, 4 psychologists and over 200 parents.
- 2013/2014: 3 workshops in Sofia with 30 parents.
- 2012/2013: 4 workshops in Sofia with teachers. 1 press conference to launch the program, attended by celebrities.
- 2016/2017 evaluation will be available mid July 2017.
- 2015/2016: the program was evaluated internally and externally - by an independent evaluator. Results show that:
- 98% of attending parents like and approve the format and content.
- 74% of attending parents have done the conversation about alcohol after our parental meeting, while 24% had already done it before that.
- 45% of attending parents continue looking for new and contemporary information on that topic.
- 33% have come to the parental meeting due to the teacher's invitation.
- 93% of teachers evaluated positively the program and its spokesmen.
- 50% will organize a meeting on their own (even after 2-3 years).
- 29% will meet problems with delievering the message in the same way.
- 2014/2015: the program was evaluated by an external independent evaluator. Results show that:
- 100% of teachers who had gone through the program confirmed that they would hold such a meetings with the help of the school psychologist and without the involvement of external experts.
- Also, teachers were willing to share their experiences with other colleagues from the same or other schools.
- 90% of parents who'd participated in a parent-teacher meeting had had a conversation with their childr(en) about alcohol following the meeting.
(JPG – 112 ko)
(JPG – 4125 ko)
(JPG – 4500 ko)
(JPG – 4550 ko)
(JPG – 4724 ko)
(JPG – 4607 ko)
(JPG – 72 ko)
(JPG – 54 ko)
(JPG – 82 ko)
(JPG – 51 ko)
(JPG – 4386 ko)
(JPG – 1886 ko)
(PNG – 446 ko)
(JPG – 4565 ko)
(JPG – 3582 ko)
(JPG – 3999 ko)
(JPG – 3402 ko)
(JPG – 4164 ko)
(JPG – 4271 ko)
Download ALL in ONE (zip file – 53578 ko)