< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “IBA Responsible Server Training”
TIMING 2007 > 2009
- IBA (International Bartenders Association)
- NBC (Nederlandse Bartenders Club)
- To teach the responsible serving and selling of alcoholic beverages.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- Educational server programme for NBC members using the IBA "A guide to social responsibility" training manual and instruction DVD depicting real life situations.
- Educational server training programme also used on Hotel schools
- Bacardi Brand Ambassadors educate their bartender students in workshops by using this training programme
- Training manual translated into Dutch for easier use and better understanding.
- The manual highlights the importance of social responsibility as an integral part of bartending skills. Topics included are the Bartender's role and responsibility to consumers regarding: responsible consumption; not serving people under the legal drinking age; avoiding drink-driving and excessive consumption.
- There were 100 participants per year through mouth to mouth advertising.