< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “College Washroom Campaign”
TIMING 2003 > 2014
- Drinkaware (previously MEAS)
- Universities and Colleges
- To promote the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages among the third level student population of Ireland.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- On campus poster campaign across third-level institutions highlighting the risks run by College people when they drink excessively.
- The autumn term campaign runs from mid-September to mid-November.
- The spring term campaign runs from the beginning of February to the end of March.
- In September 2009 and February 2010 posters encouraging the download of "No Nonsense" student guide were also included in the washroom campaign.
- In 2011 posters encouraging the download of the new "Student Survival" guide were also included in the washroom campaign.
- In 2012/2013 posters carrying the latest 'Pacing' campaign and posters promoting the DARE2BDRINKAWARE.ie competition were included in the campaign.
- The "Respect Alcohol, Respect Yourself" message reaches over 200,000 students in 26 institutions across Ireland per campaign.
- Direct feedback from the college authorities indicate that the posters are very popular with the students and that on campus support is "extremely good".