< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Server Training Programme”
TIMING 2008 > 2009
- To educate on-trade staff about the responsible serving of alcohol, thus raising the standard of experience and safety for the consumer.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- Training took place in:
- bartender schools;
- the catering high schools;
- selected on-trade outlets as vocational training for existing bartenders and in different third party companies.
- Presentations were given on responsible serving and drinking and awareness of the Legal Drinking Age.
- Training books which included information on responsible drinking, unit awareness, the role of the server and suggestions on serving alcohol with care are distributed to participants.
- From April 2009 until June 2009:
- 30 training sessions took place.
- 450 participants.
- On-trade sales force regularly checked the standards of responsible serving.
- Change in consumer experience was measured by random interviews made by the promotional staff during on-trade promotions.
- Mystery shoppers made random calls to outlets to check the standard of server social responsibility. Follow-up training was given if necessary.