< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
TIMING 2012 > Ongoing
- Pernod Ricard
- Fryshuset (Youth Activity Centre)
- To postpone the onset of alcohol consumption among teeangers.
- To provide alcohol free parties for 14-18 year olds.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- Pernod Ricard supports the worlds largest youth activity centre Fryshuset, which has a strong focus on activities by youth and far-reaching youth involvment. Fryshuset has its base in Stockholm, but runs activities also in Gothenburg, Malmö and Uppsala, and also some cross-European projects.
- Activities supported include alcohol free discotheques for underage youth, the "Lugna Gatan" ("Peaceful street") crime and abuse prevention project and the "Summer Arena" activities during school summer break.
- No alcohol is served at events, intoxication levels are monitored upon entry and entry is denied if the person is under the influence of alcohol.
- Approximately 4 events take place per year reaching about 1500 - 4000 underage per event.
- Alcohol-free discos between 4,000 - 6,000 participants per year.
- Summer activities in city suburbs about 1,800 participants each year.
- The "Lugna Gatan" project involved 800 active young leaders, reaching out to a much higher number of young people in public places during late evenings and nights.
- Additional funding went to support other alcohol-free social and sports activities reaching over 10,000 youth but not all of them underage.