< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Wise Drinking: Let's be smart! App”
COUNTRY European Union
TIMING 2014 > Ongoing
- Pernod Ricard
- The app aims to raise awareness of alcohol consumption and allows consumers to:
- Check their alcohol blood level
- Track their alcohol consumption on a week and a month
- Go back home safely after a party thanks to the map for metro and taxi
- Get information on alcohol in the country of location
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- Pernod Ricard launched the free mobile app to educate consumers about responsible drinking in May 2014. It is the first global app promoting responsible drinking worldwide. It is available in 37 languages on Iphone and Android and is adapted to local legislation.
- The app enables consumers to calculate the numbers of units of alcohol they consume in real time. It takes into account the type of drinks consumed, the volumes, as well as the users' gender and weight. It allows also users to track their alcohol consumption on a week or a month.
- With a geo-localisation system, the app adapts itself to applicable local law and then inform the consumer of the nearest suitable means of transport.
- At the end of 2014 a "responsible quiz" made up of 17 challenges, each containing 5 questions was added to allow users to test their knowledge about responsible drinking.
- In May 2015, the app was updated to include the possibility for users to test their knowledge against other users and to choose from themed challenges. The game can be followed in real-time and the users ranking is shown.
- 2 months after the launch (July 2014), the app had been downloaded more than 30,000 times by late June 2015 it had been downloaded 87,000 times.
- The android version of the app has a rating of 3.8/5 (488 reviews). The iOS version of the app doesn't yet have enough reviews to show the results (June 2015).