< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Hen & Stag Party Survival Guides”
TIMING 2012 > 2014
- Drinkaware (previously MEAS)
- Irish Brides Magazine
- To encourage a responsible attitude to alcohol among those who choose to drink at Stag and Hen Parties.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- The guides are compiled by Editor of Irish Brides Magazine and award-winning journalist Jillian Bolger and are aimed at the party organiser (Chief Bridesmaid/Best Man) and all party guests.
- The guides provide hints and tips on organising the Stag/Hen party plus a handy checklist for the Best Man/Chief Bridesmaid to ensure everything goes smoothly in the run up to the Big Day. They also provide alternative Hen/Stag party ideas, highlighting the fact that drinking doesn't have to be the only activity. In addition, for the guests, the guides provide responsible drinking tips for those that choose to drink.
- The guides are available to download free on the drinkaware.ie website.
- The Guide launch received significant coverage in both national and specialist (wedding magazines etc) press and online.
- Qualitative research was carried out in June 2012 to review the drinkaware.ie 'Survival Guide' initiative. drinkaware.ie received positive feedback for the over-all tone and content of the guides.