< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “European Night Without Accident”
TIMING 2011 > 2011
- Fórum PSR Slovensko
- Magic Seven Advertising
- Responsible Young Drivers
- European Commission
- 2011/2012: spiritsEUROPE (partly funded through the budget line programme)
- To draw young driver's attention to the importance of responsible driving.
- To reduce the number of alcohol-related road accidents involving young drivers (especially those between 18 and 28 years).
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- Run by Magic Seven Advertising and joined by Forum PSR Slovakia in 2011 the campaign is part of the Pan-European "European Night Without Accident", held on the third Saturday of October every year. In 2011 it was held on 15 October in Bratislava.
- Each group arriving at the club is asked to designate a driver for the evening by young volunteers. The driver is identified by a bracelet and when leaving the premises they are asked to undergo a breathalyser test. If the designated driver tests negative (0 BAC), they are rewarded with a number of gifts. If the designated driver tests positive they are encourage to return home by another means of transport or to let a sober friend drive them home.
- In 2011, two discos ELAM and Infiniti took part and around 80 young drivers took a breathalyser test and almost 70% tested negative.