< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “The Ultimate Day”
COUNTRY United Kingdom
TIMING 2009 > 2009
- The Drinkaware Trust
- To help combat boredom over the summer period and to highlight that you can have fun without alcohol.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- The campaign was launched as a result of Drinkaware research findings (see Alcohol: What's the attraction).
- Teenagers aged 16-17 years old were set the challenge to creatively demonstrate how they would have a great day with their friends without alcohol.
- Entrants were asked to upload a video or image of themselves to the Ultimate Day website (no longer live), alongside an explanation of their ideal day for them and their mates.
- Five winners were chosen from across the UK and them and their mates were each treated to days they would never forget. Amongst the prizes were quad biking, makeovers, limo rides, VIP gigs and a theme park trip.
- The campaign site received 14,175 unique visitors.
- 82 entries were submitted and over 11,000 votes were cast on the videos.