< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Initiative 18+”
TIMING 2005 > 2009
- To reinforce existing legislation (Youth Protection Act) regarding underage drinking.
- To promote the legal purchase age modification in France (18 for all alcoholic beverages).
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- Leaflets containing information on: alcohol and the metabolism; alcohol and the law; tips for responsible drinking and inappropriate consumption (under 18, pregnant women and drinking-driving) were distributed in the on and off-trade as well as through marketing, external affairs and sales events.
- Monoprix displayed the leaflet in all 230 stores across the country over the campaign’s duration.
- In March and April 2009 meetings were held with journalists to seek improvement to the leaflet.
- Average one million leaflets distributed yearly since 2007.
- 3 meetings were organised to update the leaflet with 15 journalists taking part. Modifications to the leaflet were suggested.