< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Alcohol - A Guide for Parents”
TIMING 2003 > 2014
- Drinkaware (previously MEAS)
- To provide parents with tools with which to discuss alcohol with their children.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- Although the booklet is mainly aimed at the parents of teenagers, it may also be useful for parents of younger children and, generally, for all adults concerned with the development of children.
- The booklet was prepared by professionals who have expertise in the area of yound people and alcohol, but it does not set out to tell parents what they must or must not do. Instead, it tried to provide useful information, which may help parents to openly discuss the issues with their children. it provides information on:
- Young people and alcohol.
- The influence of family and friends.
- The influence of school and community.
- The way parents can help their children.
- The booklet can be downloaded on drinkaware' website.
- Positive public response and more than 270,000 copies distributed to date. Content from the guide is also included in 'Waiting Room' magazine, which is available in doctors and dentist's waiting rooms nationwide.
- Responses from the public are recorded and reviewed, and are very positive.