< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Employee Alcohol Policy”
COUNTRY European Union
TIMING 2007 > 2014
- Pernod Ricard
- To raise awareness about responsible consumption among employees.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- Initiated in compliance with the first commitment to Pernod Ricard's "European Road Safety Charter".
- All EU affiliates are required to adopt a Code of Conduct, compulsory for all employees and contractors, both during and outside working hours. Each Code is adapted to local requirements and should:
- Specifically address the issue of drink-driving and provide means to comply with the law (eg. use of a breathalyser, reimbursement of hotel or taxi expenses).
- Encourage responsible consumption as a principle of behaviour.
- Provide information on low-risk consumption (in particular, on the basis of relevant guidelines or recommendations made by the local public authorities and by WHO).
- Mention the sanctions in case of non-compliance with the code of conduct.
- Offer assistance and information on possible counselling or medical care available to employees having difficulties in controlling their alcohol consumption.
- In 2014, 96% of affiliates had an alcohol policy for employees.
- Pernod Ricard has 10,000 employees EU wide.