< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Responsible Drinking”
TIMING 2008 > Ongoing
- Austrian Spirits Association
- 2010: Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology
- To promote and raise awareness of responsible drinking.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- The consumer information website contains six sections:
- Introduction - general information such as what a standard drink is and when to know if you have had enough.
- Alcohol and its effects - the effects of alcohol on the body and its differing effects in men and women.
- Times of life - information specific to different times of life such as: under 18’s; parenthood; at work and over 50 age group.
- Alcohol and Driving – information such as the BAC limits; how to get home safely and the designated driver concept. A video highlights the designated driver message.
- Top-Tips - information such as how to enjoy your evening; how to be a good host and tips for the morning after a night out.
- Test yourself - test for consumers to see how much they know.
- Visibility of the website is spread through Members of the Austrian Spirits Association who add the website address to POS (Point of Sale) and communication materials.
- Co-operation with Ministry of Transport helped to increase awareness of drink-driving and led the start of the Austrian-wide media (billboard, TV, radio) campaign "Alkohol am Steuer: Könnten Sie damit leben?" (Drink-driving: could you live with it?) in October 2010.
- In 2009 the website had more than 16,000 unique visitors. This had risen to more than 42,000 in 2010. In 2011 and 2012 the average had dropped to 32,000 visits per year.
- From mid December 2017 to 1 March 2018 it had 1,155 unique visitors. However, due to an update of the website earlier data is not available.