< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Freeze point”
TIMING 2004 > 2015
- God Alkoholkultur
- To promote sensible drinking among secondary schools, highlighting, in particular, the consequences of excessive drinking.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- The prevention programme was based on the "Motivational Interviewing" method. It focused on ambivalent behaviour and was used by counties and councils in Denmark. Students had five lessons two hour lessons. Each lesson focussed on a different topic: The Party, Friendship, The Incrowd, The Holiday Trip and The Effect. During the showing of a PowerPoint the image would freeze and the class was asked to discuss what would happen next and what had happened until that point.
- It was promoted through the web page of the Danish Department of Education in 2008 and in 2009 the Centre for Alcohol and Drug Research recommended it.
- In 2014, the campaign was reviewed and used in some municipalities.
- A total of around 1,000 teachers attended a training session on how to deliver the "Fryspunk" programme.