< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Responsible Drinking Hints and Tips”
COUNTRY United Kingdom
TIMING 2006 > 2007
- To raise awareness about responsible alcohol consumption and standard units.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- “Hints and Tips” for responsible drinking were displayed prominently on “shelf-talkers” in the Beers, Wine and Spirits departments across Tesco's 1,500 stores. Designed to encourage customers to make informed and sensible decisions, the information included the following reminders on how to consume alcohol responsibly:
- Eating before or whilst drinking alcohol slows down alcohol absorption.
- Alternate drinks with water to stay refreshed.
- Think about getting home before leaving home.
- Information on the unit content of common drinks.
- The responsible drinking messages were also shown on Tesco TV and Tesco's websites.
- 17 million customers a week across 1,500 stores saw the messaging.