< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Don't Drink and Drive”
TIMING 2007 > 2007
- Harrys on-trade restaurant chain
- To raise awareness of responsible drinking.
- To train on-trade staff to promote responsible drinking behaviour among their guests.
- To raise awareness among public stakeholders (locally as well as at national level) and gain recognition that the on-trade and the drinks industry can work together to reduce alcohol-related harm in society.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- The campaign was communicated through the restaurant chain through:
- Training for serving staff which included information on alcohol and the law and how to prevent conflicts.
- T-shirts worn by serving staff carrying the "If you think I look pretty, please take a taxi home" logo.
- Display of the message on posters and stickers in the toilet areas and on tables.
- Water bottles carrying the "Don't Drink and Drive" message handed out to the guests when leaving the restaurant.
- Further communication of the message though:
- Editorials in local and national newspapers from the General Managers of Diageo Sweden and Harrys.
- Communication via letters and visuals to key opinion leaders and stakeholders.
- Over 50 members of staff were trained.
- The campaign was carried out in 7 cities: Karlstad, Skövde, Halmstad, Helsingborg, Västerås, Eskilstuna and Linköpig.
- 80,000 water bottles were handed out.
- Close to 50,000 people saw or were exposed to the campaign.
- Several major newspapers printed the editorial including Nya Wermlands-Tidningen, Vestmanlands Läns Tidning and Hallandsposten.
- Guests were most impressed by the message-bearing water bottles.
- Staff rated the training very high.
Download ALL in ONE (zip file – 1246 ko)