< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Responsible night transport”
TIMING 2007 > 2007
- Mayors of Las Palmas and Tenerife
- Canary Government
- On-trade and public transport trade associations
- To promote responsible alcohol consumption.
- To promote the use of the designated driver and public transport concepts.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- The campaign was held in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Tenerife in August 2007.
- Information cards promoting the unified taxi telephone number and responsible drinking messages were distributed via taxis, buses and on-trade outlets.
- A meeting with regional press and stakeholders of the two cities was held to discuss the promotion of responsible transportation after a night out.
- 200,000 cards were distributed.
- 1,700 taxis were involved in distributing the cards.
- The town council and cab associations of both cities promoted alternative transportation after a night out.
- 20% of those who remembered the message adopted moderate drinking behaviour that night.
- 17% said that they would continue using their car but drink moderately.
- 37% claimed the message would influence their drinking behaviour in the future.
- 47% had a spontaneous recollection of a responsible drinking message.