< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Use your head and enjoy”
• “Para disfrutar usa la cabeza”
• “Para disfrutar usa la cabeza”
TIMING 2004 > 2007
- National Association of Entrepreneurs for Quality Leisure (ECO)
- To promote the responsible consumption of alcohol among young people (18-24 years old).
- To promote alternatives to drink-driving such as taxis or public transport.
- To raise awareness of the risks of drink-driving.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- In 2004, Diageo launched the campaign to promote responsible drinking through its brand J & B under the slogan: "Use your head and enjoy”.
- The campaign message was spread through the media (radio and newspapers) and on-trade activations in the main Spanish cities. Activations also took place at Electronic Hotel parties and on the Nightology Boats.
- In addition, ahead of certain times of the year (like Christmas and Easter) ambassadors toured the streets reminding consumers of the campaign messages and distributed thousands of flyers. The flyers had the itineraries of major subway lines, bus and taxi services as well as responsible drinking messages.
- The campaign was also supported by a dedicated website (www.usalacabeza.info) which contained information on alcohol and its effects on the body, responsible drinking messages and the risks associated with drink-driving. It also had a a list of public transport and taxi services for the major Spanish cities.
- For the 2005/2006 Christmas campaign 2005/06 an agreement was reached with the major hospitality associations of Madrid, Sevilla, Catalonia and Valencia, through the National Association of Entrepreneurs for Quality Leisure (ECO) in order to extend its awareness program to directly involve of employees in night life premises.
- In 2007 Electric Hotel parties were held over the summer to win tickets to attend the large events in Spain and Portugal. The Electric Hotel website also promoted information and tips for responsible drinking. The "use your head and enjoy" message was shown on bartender's t-shirts, Electric Hotel tickets, notifications/reminders for the events, on labels of the mineral water distributed at events as well as on the packaging of the lamp offered to winners at the parties.
- Between June and August 2007, the message reached more than 122,550 people (on-trade) and 14,000 people attended the events and there was 83,000 visits to the Electric Hotel website.
- There were more than 40,000 visits to the dedicated website.
- Over 1,000 nightlife premises and thousands of employees took part in the 2005/2006 campaign. Over 500,000 young people were reached throughout the course of the campaign.
- In 2007: 24% of those who remembered the message adopted moderate drinking behaviour that night. 49% claimed the message would influence their drinking behaviour in future and 71% spontaneously recollected the responsible drinking messages.
- The results of the 2004/05 campaign yielded encouraging data: 22% recalled the messages after a week. 73% considered that it appropriate that a drinks brand hold such a campaign. 18% said they moderated their consumption of alcohol and 17% stated that they had changed their attitude to alcohol as a result of the campaign.