< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Driver's Corner Bacardi B-Live”
TIMING 2007 > 2007
- Coca-Cola Company
- To raise awareness about the risks and dangers of drink-driving.
- To promote the designated driver concept as a safe alternative.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- Bacardi B-Live cruise on the Danube river consisted of dance shows, cocktails, music and cocktail shows.
- Stewards were in charge of checking the age of clients.
- Consumers were made aware of and encouraged to take part in the Driver's Corner when entering events.
- Designated drivers were able to purchase non-alcoholic cocktails during the cruise. Upon leaving they were offered a breathalyser test. If the test was negative they were given back the money spent on the non-alcoholic cocktails.
- In 2007, 26 people registered at the Driver's Corner, 13 of which took the voluntary breathalyser test and were reimbursed.
- Clients thought it was a brilliant idea to think about drivers and reward them.
- They liked the offer of non-alcoholic cocktails as an alternative to ordinary soft drinks.
- They understood that the idea behind the campaign was to raise awareness of responsible consumption and not a brand promotion.